Question about Digital Output Card(1756-OA16)

spm_cpl

Hi~

This is 1756-OA16 simply schematic.
And I have two questions.
Hope you can explain for me by this diagram. Thanks!!

Q1:when no output command, and no Load, why we can measure the 110VAC from OUT-0 (relative the ground)?? I mean, no output command,why it has voltage 110VAC. And, when it has Load, we have no l10VAC at OUT-0. So....I confuse it....:((is it a virtual voltage?? or something??) when we try to give it output command, everything is normal.

Q2:when take off the fuse testing.And no Load , no output command ,we still have ll0VAC at OUT-0 ?? why?? we have taken off the fuse!! And when we give output command, it has no 110VAC because no fuse, it's right.

Thanks your answer. Thank you very much.:)
Sorry my English, if you can't understand what I mean.:)

33330752xk3.png

See Picture below, note leakage current spec. All solid state devices leak a little. There is always a little current flowing (even when off) so you are going to see voltage.

Spec.jpg

Greetings spm_cpl ...

my distinguished colleague Mickey has already given you the answer to your question ... if you'd like to read more about the issue, the thread below should be helpful ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?postid=12891#post12891

I particularly recommend that you at least read the "scary story" part in the post that I linked ... there can be serious safety issues associated with the "leakage current" effect ...

and your English is completely understandable ...

welcome to the forum ...