Mitsubishi E150 query

sparko

HI

My boss has given me a little project.Basically we have a line with an FX0N PLC that needs some modifications to be able to run some new products.

At present there is no HMI on the control panel and we have selected the E150 as the one we are going to use(as we have them on other machines and a couple of spares in stock)

I have done one project on HMI before but that only included whole numbers.

One of the numbers I need to be able to input this time is from 0 to 5, to one decimal place ie 3.2,4.3 etc

Now when I open the dialog box on the edesigner software, there are a few options.ON my last project everything was signed 16bit. Out of curiousity I had a look at some projects we pulled off other machines and they had float with exponent.

Which should I use?

Secondly this value has to be multiplied by 100,can the FXON handle multiplying a number like 3.2 by 100 or does it only like whole numbers.

Thanks

Mike

Hi, This may be a case where you miss out the decimal point on the display. It does happen. Prehaps you can send a text box to the background containing a dot.
As for real or integer, for a newbie (like myself) the integer format appears to be preferred.
Mitsi likes whole numbers for integers and I suspect that FX-0n is not capable of real's any how (please double check this)
In some cases a process value integer of 100, may actually end up being 10,000 in your program to enable enough precision in your calculations.
The maximum number that can be written in signed 16 bit is 32,767. If this is not enough then you can use double words to take this value up right to 2,147,483,648.

Last edited:
Hi Sparko If the number in the PLC that you are displaying is an integer then you must choose integer on the HMI. If the number on the PLC is Float/Real then you must choose Float/Real on the HMI. Generally the object type in the PLC must match the object type on the HMI (as with everything in life there are possible exceptions that you can get away with).

You can get the HMI to display an integer as a number with a decimal point by modifying the engineering units, particularly Gain, so if the operator enters 3.5 on the HMI, the HMI will actually send 35 to the PLC. Obviously you have to allow for this factor of 10 gain in your PLC program.

Bryan

Thanks for the tips guys, I will look into them tonight at work. The gain idea seems a good one as its basically for a 0 to 5 sec timer (the timer is 10ms) so if I set the gain to 100 and see what happens.

Thanks again

Hi Sparko

I have been caught by the way Beijer/Cimrex/Mitsi do the Gain bit, I think you will need a Gain of 0.01. But try it to be certain.

Bryan

I'm going to be doing in on Sunday hopefully when there is no production so I will have time for a bit of trial and error.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for the advice