Telemecanique Nano PLC Communiations

fredjohns

I have a Telemecanique Nano PLC in one of our tabbing machines. I want to be able to connect to it and copy the program. I purchased the software which was PL7 07/V4.0 and also purchased the TSX PCX 1031 cable from Schneider Electric. The datasheet that came with the cable said that I also need a Uni-telway driver. I can either run the program on Win 98 or in Dos. Is it better to run it in DOS or in Win98. What driver do I need to run it in DOS and where do I get it at.Is there any setup needed once the drive is installed.
Thanks
Fred Johns
Day Timers, Inc.
www.daytimer.com

That cable was used with several different PLC models. In your case the TSX-Nano should not require the Uni-Telway driver. I have run it in both DOS and a Win98 DOS window. Just watch your standard Comm port setup parity.

we have a number of these units ourselves and the tech at Schneider that I spoke to told me that version 4 will run under windows XP. I installed it like he said and it did run under XP. When I get back to work on Wed. I will see if I can find my notes and post them here for you. I think the driver is packaged with version 4.0 and it will install if needed but again without looking at my notes I dont remember.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

I have a Telemecanique Nano PLC in one of our tabbing machines. I want to be able to connect to it and copy the program. I purchased the software which was PL7 07/V4.0 and also purchased the TSX PCX 1031 cable from Schneider Electric. The datasheet that came with the cable said that I also need a Uni-telway driver. I can either run the program on Win 98 or in Dos. Is it better to run it in DOS or in Win98. What driver do I need to run it in DOS and where do I get it at.Is there any setup needed once the drive is installed.
Thanks
Fred Johns
Day Timers, Inc.
www.daytimer.com

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I installed the PL707/Ver.4 program in a computer with Windows 98 and used the uni-telway driver for Win 95 and it worked good. I am able to run it from Windows 98 with no problems