Red Lion /FX1n data logging

Sheik Hans

Hi
I am a newbie at the RedLion Data logging .
I wonder if anyone can help me, i wish to log and timestamp certain functions on FX1N plc via a Red lion G308 ,. I understand i can do this and write to the Compact Flash card. My main question is how do i then read this information on a laptop .
I need to monitor the process times of a small number of machines .Cost however will be prohibitive.
Also can i use a Red lion to measure current in some way as well.
Regards Dave

The G3 will allow you to log data to a CF card and you can access this by ejecting the CF card from the G3 and reading the text file from the CF card into Excel or Wordpad using a CF reader on your PC.

I think that there is also a way to navigate through the G3 directly to the CF card and copy the data log file to your PC that way (see mounting and dismounting the CF in the crimson manual). You may also want to call Red Lion tech support for assistance... Their support is excellent.

Regards

You have several options to access the log files:

- You can connect to the G3 with USB and view it as a removable drive.
- You can access the files via the web server and download them.
- You can use the websync utility that comes with Crimson 2 to automatically download the files from the web server.
- The G3 can be setup as an FTP server, so you can FTP into the unit to retrieve the files.
- The G3 can be an FTP client and FTP the files to a server at a given interval.

The G3 has no inputs other than serial communications, so it cannot measure current. For that you would need a device that has serial communications.

Regards,
Dan