SCADA newbie

Hi all...
I have a project that uses SCADA. and I am very new with this SCADA. I will use LG PLC with type Master K200 or K300 CPU. does anyone can give me information what SCADA software that support with this PLC. What kind of software do I need ? to make SCADA system. And where I can get information about SCADA like book "SCADA for dummies":)...
Any information I'm very appreciate..
thanks all...

Hello,

At the present if you have a Cnet v2.0 or later module using PeakHMI with MODBUS RTU is one option. Support for native LG support is on the list.

Good luck,

Mark

I am not familiar with the PLC "LG"? However does it have a configurable port that can be set up for Modbus or something else?
If so you might try a package that I stumbled on recently called WinLog Lite. This is a very inexpensive little package and so far has worked out great for me. It is no WonderWare or LabView or something like that but download the demo and try it. This little package is very powerful and so far does all I need for a lot less $$$. Also it comes with all the drivers so test it before you buy it.

I am sure nathan will chime in as well but i would recommend looking at Inductive Automation. They are the most helpful, have the best pricing, and on top of that they also have a lot of how to videos online.

Hi all...
I have a project that uses SCADA. and I am very new with this SCADA. I will use LG PLC with type Master K200 or K300 CPU. does anyone can give me information what SCADA software that support with this PLC. What kind of software do I need ? to make SCADA system. And where I can get information about SCADA like book "SCADA for dummies":)...
Any information I'm very appreciate..
thanks all...

Hello,..
Thank you all for your answer. I will try to look for it. LG has communication module that is Device-net, Profibus-DP, Modbus. But I don't know how and when to use this communication. Which one is better Profibus or Modbus ?
And I have some information about CIMON SCADA. Anyone have any information about this SCADA. Cause this is my first time about SCADA, I will prefer software with good support and manual.(Base on my experience when I learn about touch screen panel, which I look for the cheap one but hard to find the good manual and support. So still have some confusing about them). Now I'm look interested in CITECT and I am looking for some information about that, if anyone can told me. I will appreciate that.Another question : LG have a smart I/O which connected via communication line. If I use this SMART I/O only without PLC and direct to SCADA software like CITECT, Can I do control to my equipment. Something that I need to control is about valve and motor. And If this system works, is it better or not with conventional system that uses PLC and then to SCADA software viewing from programming,safety and redundancy. because this sistem must work for 24 hours a day.
Thank you all...