Rsview 32

VRBASGRAD

Hi!
Hope somebody here can help me. I am trying to install RSView on my Windows XP Pro (Service pack 2). However after entering serial number and selecting components to install, I get this popup message:
Your existing system path is too long. Please modify your path using control panel-system dialog-environment tab before running setup again.
Existing path length is: 426 characters
Setup needs to add: 29 characters
Maximum NT path length: 256 characters
Setup will exit now
Hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Don't know if this will fix it, but try.
Go to Control Panel, System. Under System Properties select the Advanced tab. Select the Environment Variables in the lower portion of the pop-up screen. In the lower half of the Environment Variables pop-up are the System Variables. Highlight the Variable called Path and then select Edit below that. In the Variable Value field see if there is a path (or paths) that you no longer need and delete that (them). Hopefully you'll find 29 characters worth of stuff to delete. Then try installing again.

Don't know if this will fix it, but try.
Go to Control Panel, System. Under System Properties select the Advanced tab. Select the Environment Variables in the lower portion of the pop-up screen. In the lower half of the Environment Variables pop-up are the System Variables. Highlight the Variable called Path and then select Edit below that. In the Variable Value field see if there is a path (or paths) that you no longer need and delete that (them). Hopefully you'll find 29 characters worth of stuff to delete. Then try installing again.

Or, trim the original path down to just the basic Window's required path, (copy the extra, paste it to a text file), do the install for RSView, then paste the cut part back into the path after the install is done.

This is a Windows* OS/file system issue.The cause is the directory paths in the system is longer than 255 characters (including spaces).You may see the error "The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters," under the following circumstances:
Opening an assembly with .NET Reflector
Exporting source code for an assembly using an add-in such as FileDisassembler, or FileGenerator.There's a lot of additional softwares which can fix this problem like Long Path Tool.
http://PathTooDeep.com
All you need to do is to download this program online and save all the settings to your computer. This program is compatible with Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. Create an icon for the Long Path Tool on your desktop for easy access. Each time you would like to manage files that have a long filename all you need to do is to click the icon and it will instantly direct you to a window that presents all your files.
Here you can rename, delete, open and move your files instantly without the worries of error messages saying that there is some sort of a problem.