Omron C200H-LK201 Communications

fredjohns

I have a Omron C200H CPU31 PLC and with a C200H-LK201 Host Link Unit plugged into it. I am using CX Programmer and want to be able to communicate with the plc so i can save the program that is in it. I am using the automatic connect in the CX Program but am not able to connect to the PLC. The switchs on the front of the Host Link are set as follows:
SW1=0, SW2=0, SW3=5, SW4=2, the dip switches on the back of the card are all set to OFF and the 2 position CTS switch on the back of the card is also set to OFF or 0. Not sure if all of these switches are in the correct position or not.When the power on the PLC is turned on, I get one Green light on it. When I connect with the automatic connect feature of the CX Programmer, looks like there are two green lights on but I also get a red fault light. The automatic connect goes through all the differnt settings and then says it cant connect. If anyone has any idea or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Fred Johns
Day Timers, Inc.
www.daytimer.com

I have used the host link unit only once before and it worked with the following settings:

SW1=0, SW2=0, SW3=5, SW4=2 and DIP settings: 1,2,4 = OFF, 3= ON, CTS = 0V

You could try with these settings. I usually work with siemens and was expecting to face issues while communicating and collected the manuals. Never really had to use them, i can email them to you if you want them. One of them is attached.

I made up a cable that goes from 25 pin to 9 pin. I will check it against the cable link you sent me to make sure its the same. Thanks for all your help.
Fred

Dip Switch 3 on the back definitely needs to be ON. In the off position, the Unit Number is not used in the Host Link protocol, in the On position is is used. Almost evey Host Link driver ever written uses the Unit Number in string.
This, combined with the correct cable, should allow you to communicate.

Thanks for the information, I turned switch #3 ON and it worked just fine. I was able to get a copy of the program. As usual, everyone on here is a big help.

Fred