Coverting S5 - S7

Greet

I have a problem with converting an S5 to an S7 -file. A great part of my program is converted correctly, except the command B (bearbeiten), ex. B M 0.0 (bearbeiten M0.0).

does anybody know how I can solve that in S7 ?

Greet,

that's normal. B M0.0 is an illegal instruction. The parameter for a B instruction should always be either a MW or a DW. This word contains the index to be used by the next instruction (the indexed instruction).

Check the helpfiles for indirect adressing. You'll have to translate every B instruction by hand. Tip: you'll also need the AR registers.

Kind regards,

Hello

You can´t converting an S5 to an S7 -file if in your program S5 have any Instrution like LIR and TIR, also if you have some index program it can´t convert, is mean you need to replace this part of program in S7 example in S7:

L MW 5
T MW[MW5]

Hi Greet,

It took me a few days more but here it is.
You might want to look to the Siemens Support site (on http://www4.ad.siemens.de)

Then look for "ID 365590" and click the uppermost item ("Indirect addressing in STEP 7 in comparison to STEP 5").

I think the answer to your question is found here.

Rudi

Hello Everybody,

Is the 'B' instruction something like the 'DO' instruction in S5?

Thanks,
Ogie

Hi Ogie.. :D

No the instruction B is use for index program, I show you an example:

Supoust that you have MW8 = 37 Then:

B MW8 // index of MW8
L DW0 // in this case realy you load DW37

I hope you understand now thw instruction, If you like to learn more find the manual of Hans Berger Programmer with Step 5 đź““

Kind reagards
Tony

Hi,

after lots of reading(in the manuals) and lots of trying, my problem is solved:
example: (ex. MW14 =3: putting value 54 in DW 3 of DB 10):
in S5: A DB 10
L KF +54
B MW 14
T DW 0

in S7: OPN DB 10
L MW 14
+ AR1
L 54
T DBW[AR1,P#0.0]

thanks for all your help,

Greet

Oeps, not correct what i did before:

the instruction +AR1 has to be replaced by the instruction LAR1 !!

+AR1: ADDs value to addressregister 1: so if there is already a value in AR1, ...

LAR1: LOAD value to addressregister 1