Deciphering Omron PLC code - Timers (Cqm1 Processor)

mmx4000

Hi, I'm trying to convert some Omron code into SLC500 logic.
This is from an old Sysmac CQM1 Omron plc.

I can understand most of it, except for the timers
For Tim 002, for example... #0010, what value of time is that? Seconds, milliseconds?

Also, the contacts of T001, T002, T003... are they true when the timer is timing? Or when the timer is done?

Any help would be appricated.

codeexampleeq5.jpg

I know nothing at all about Omron coding. However, I am going to say they are true when the timer is done.

And here is why......

If it were true when timing, then TIM002 would start when TIM001 is timing, and rung 33, (I am assuming that's a rung number) would never be true, and 01206 would never come on.

Therefore, -] [- must be timer done bit.

When tim001 is done, tim002 starts, when tim001 is done, and tim002 is timing, then 01206 goes true.

That's the way I see it.

As for the timing values. Assuming 01206 is an output, would you blip it on for 10 miiliseconds? I am betting it is seconds. I would assume you know what it's controlling, so that should give you a clue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, and yea, looking at the rest of the code, it makes sense that those are timer done bits.

However, I did find some omron documentation that stated that those timer values are 0.1 seconds. Which would mean that those would be 1, and 3 second timers. There's also a timer later on in the code that's set to 9000... which if it's 0.1 seconds, would make it 15 minutes. Sounds logical to me. However this will all be stuff I'll have to confirm once I talk to the client, since I was just given the code and told to convert.

The contacts are indeed set when the timer has reached its set value.

The CQM1 range was BCD based, so the # represents a BCD value. Also, the timers are a 100mS timer, so #10 = 1sec, as you have worked out.

1206 is an internal relay, depending on you IO configuration. If you let us know the module layout, we can help point you in the right direction.

A complete set of Omron docs can be found here:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=6417

There are some quirks that you will find/need to learn, but most can be overcome by reading the manuals

If you need anymore help, come back and ask...

Thanks for the confirmation.

The layout is extremely simple. It has 2 Input cards (one built in, and expansion) and 1 Output card, all of them 16 points.

I should be good to go from here. Thanks for the help!

Timer Setup Help CQM1

Hello, I am modifying a program in a CQM1 which my company set up years ago. I have never worked with Omron's before, so I am very lost. I found the earlier discussion here helpful because it confirmed some of my general knowledge, but I am still a little lost as to the correct procedure to set up a timer to begin with. Also, do I need a reset? Thanks, Jordan

some timers in Omron require rest such as TIMM (accumulation timer) other will not require reset as long as the rung condition is true it will continue timing when it reaches its set value it will send a completion flag. Which you can use or simply input the timer as an XIC or XIO (XIC and XIO are AB specific terms ) meaning examine if close examine if opened. I would get a copy of the Cq1m programming manual if your new to Omron programming. You can download this from the Omron website. In the example above those type of timers do not require reset. (by the way the language hes using to view edit on that example is syswin looks much more different on CX-One. however the principal is the same. You also have a high speed timer does not require reset. Line two shows how he uses the timer as an XIC on timer 1 then XIO on timer 2

Last edited: