drag racing tree

helmjama

hi all im new here hope you can help me.

ok im looking to build a drag racing tree for atv grass drags and possibly for the mud runs. but im not sure what plc to use its looking like ill have 6 inputs and 11 outputs. i dont know what other info you all will need so just reply back with you questions and ill see if i can answer them.

thanks

hi all im new here hope you can help me.

ok im looking to build a drag racing tree for atv grass drags and possibly for the mud runs. but im not sure what plc to use its looking like ill have 6 inputs and 11 outputs. i dont know what other info you all will need so just reply back with you questions and ill see if i can answer them.

thanks

Was there a question in this?

for low dollars and low power consumption have a look at Automation Direct. Try their DL05 , DL06. I seem to remember they (Automation Direct) have had some form of link with Car(or Drag) Racing in the past maybe you can hit 'em up for sponsorship

Last edited:
well as of now i just want to get it up and running. with just a pre stage, stage, and finish sensors on the inputs. for the outs it will have pre stage, stage for each side. then between two sets to three sets of yellows then a pair of greens. also there with be a red for both sides for if someone jumps and thinking of having a light to show who wins.

does any one know how much software is for the moeller PLC's?

also has any one used directsoft5 much?

Are you wanting controls just for the tree? Or are you wanting to do the timing and win notification also? A high speed counter(s) will be needed for timing.
Well, maybe. How close are these races? :)

DirectSoft5 is a programming software that people are familiar with on this board. They offer a free version of the software that will work for small projects. I don't know if your project would be small enough. Maybe we can come up with a program that will.

Brian

i downloaded the program an is playing around on it. i don't have a plc yet but i think the dl-06 will be the one ill need. i think ill just need mostly on/offs from the photo sensors. the timing of the {yellow yellow yellow green} is the part thats giving me a hard time. what do you guys want to help explain this better. i want it to be close to the way NHRA lights are.

awsome that is cool on more question on this is how do you do branch like you did in the first rung. im guessing is simple as all get out but its not for me at the moment. ill look under help in the program. never mind the rung thing hold ctrl duh

brian where are you located in nebraska if you dont mind me asking.

Last edited: