modicon

You can check that the communications cable doesn't run near any power lines. I've had a couple of problems with intermittent communications because of this.

Other than all the basics of shielding, loose connections/vibration, cable too long (RS232 >100'), the only thing I have experienced is in home-made cables and bad solder joints, If yours is a molded plug DB9 on both ends then you are probably ok on that issue.

Brian.

PS -- Is it happening on the bootup of the panelmate or the PLC, Obviously if you shut down and reboot the PLC you will get LOC.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello All, Was hoping I could get a little help with Modicon ladder logic. This is the first time I have seen Modicon logic and currently trying...
Replies
Views
I have a 170AAO92100 card that I am interested in using as a 10 volt output. Is there setup that I have to do in order to change output or simply...
Replies
Views
Hi, Seeking consultation on an implementation matter, and have a question about Modicon Compact 984 communication through RS485: Three Modicon...
Replies
Views
After updating a panel, I inherited another PLC for my "learning lab". It's a Modicon TSX Micro. I've not worked with a Modicon PLC yet, so I...
Replies
Views
I have an old PLC (circa 2007) consisting of Telemecanique/Modicon/Schneider Electric devices. The system has developed errors and unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom