Profibus PA software app for field instrument monitor/configuration?

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
A link provided by Dchartier in the "Shielding and grounding of Profibus" thread pointed to ProfiCoach software app that is a Profibus PA master when used with a communciations card. Interesting approach for monitoring a DP highway.

Questions:

1) Is there a similar free or inexpensive app for Profibus DP devices, that would be a master to view performance of and also configure DP devices?

Something like Siemens PDM, which we use with a HART modem (for HART devices), but which talks Profibus?

2) Is the CP5512 card a PCI card for a desktop?
Are there USB comm cards for laptops ?

Dan

hey buddy

Q1:- There is a piece of software called "Profitrace 2" which connects to the PA coupler via the proficore module (supplied)and can give extensive diagnostics about the connected loop.
I believe this module here in UK is about £3000. and is mainly used for diagnostics and can mimic a master on the bus using Proficaptain.
Other than that we just use PDM for device diagnostics configuration.
hope this helps