temp control with omron cqm1h

bigdog

B
Could someone please post a example on how to use a rtd senor and connect it to a omron cqm1h plc and control temperature.

thanks

I never used this on Omron but it should work for just about
any PLC:
Get an analog input card if your PLC doesn't have it.
Some PLCs have cards with inputs for temperature sensors.
If you don't find it, no problem, just use standard
analog input card with 4-20mA channel for example and a
transducer that will convert signal to whatever your PLC
needs (such as mentioned 4-20mA). Check websites of
companies that make transducers for more info (Weidmuller,
Phoenix Contact, ...).

That will depend on the system you have. The basic thing
is to get the signal from the input, scale it into
engineering units to verify if the sensor and scaling
works ok and so you have an idea what is the
value when you try to setup something to control it
(it can easily get out of hand and be all over the place,
in such case you will appreciate scaled value over raw
binary input).
You have to do the same for your output to verify
that changing output affects the temperature in correct
manner (if you turn on heater and temperature goes down,
something is wrong).
Depending on type of output (analog/discrete), speed of
process etc. (temerature is usually very slow) you can try
to think of one way or another to control it.
When both input and output are analog, it make sense to
use some sort of PI or PID loop.

Bigdog:

Why wouldn't you take a look at CQ1M-TC... series of temperature control modules? There are several of them available, some for thermocouple and some for RTD input; some have sinking and some - sourcing output. If you go to Omron's web site, I'm sure you'll find all the information you need.

I am attaching a sample app (CX-Programmer file) that shows how to handle temp. control using CQM1-TC001 module, the other types would be handled the same way. The module has two temperature control loops (I am using only one). For each loop, one input word and one output word are used (depends on module location in the rack).
The input word (IR00003 in my example) contains either a startup code (#FFFF), or an error code (anything that begins with #E), or the current temperature in BCD (a jumper on the module lets you choose between deg.F and C).
The output word (IR00103 in the example) is where you set your target temp in BCD, or, to stop the heating, #CCCC. Once you set the target temp - there is nothing else to do with it...

This is a very simple PID controller, in many cases you don't have to set your parameters. It worked for my application...

thanks

thanks for input
am still using syswin , could you post sample with syswin

... but I'll try this:
The attachment contains the same program in CXT format (don't remember if SYSWIN can read this) and the TXT file with the Mnemonics. It is a small program after all (20 rungs, that's it).
I am also including a SYM file (symbols table).

senenayin,

If this was for me - thank you very much for your kindness, but I will have to respectfully refuse.

1. I do have SYSWIN at work, but I don't have it installed on my home PC, therefore, I was not able to help bigdog immediately.

2. Once CX-Programmer 2.0 was released, I have switched to it without any remorse (ver. 1.0 was pretty useless). I hold it in high regard and believe that in some respects it is an example of what PLC programming software should be. In fairness, Syswin is a nice package with good history - but its time is over.

3. Be careful offering licensed software to anyone - by doing that you, strictly speaking, are commiting a theft. I know there is a lot of people who would strongly disagree, but... this is a topic of another thread on this forum.

Once again, thank you