Slightly OT - Need help identifying a plug

timbo_uk

Hi all,

Appologies for the slightly Off Topic post, nothing to do with PLC's really.

My boss has tasked me with finding a supplier of around 1/2 dozen plugs and sockets that are the same as teh pictures attached.

I believe that it is an IP67 rating (well if the rear seals were correctly fitted!)

I have had similar before from RS in the UK, but not the ssame as this. I have looked at both RS and Farnells catalogues and websites, but not yet found anything.

If any of you could spare 2 minutes and have a look at the pictures and see if you recognise the type or manufacturor it would be great!

Cheers

Timbo

2009-01-30_024458.jpg 2009-01-30_024524.jpg 2009-01-30_024545.jpg 2009-01-30_024559.jpg

Timbo this plug is an automtive type that connects to a headlamp/rear lamp of a car or similar. Leoni Wiring systems may be able to help you. They are in Newcastle Under Lyme Saffs'. Best of luck mate.

I am curious, are there any numbers or any other type of identification on these plugs?

I ask because with unique plugs such as this I have had lots of success with web sites such as Newark.com, digikey.com and alliedelec.com

we have a number of machines from the UK and Germany and they have some plugs that are just as unique.

Just a place to start.

and again if there are any kind of identifing numbers or symbols you might try google or ebay.

Hope this helps

Hi all,

Appologies for the slightly Off Topic post, nothing to do with PLC's really.

My boss has tasked me with finding a supplier of around 1/2 dozen plugs and sockets that are the same as teh pictures attached.

I believe that it is an IP67 rating (well if the rear seals were correctly fitted!)

I have had similar before from RS in the UK, but not the ssame as this. I have looked at both RS and Farnells catalogues and websites, but not yet found anything.

If any of you could spare 2 minutes and have a look at the pictures and see if you recognise the type or manufacturor it would be great!

Cheers

Timbo

Thanks all for the pointers so far! Still not come up with anything yet. Conec had no luck there, Deutsch's website has a load of images missing from 2 complete ranges :confused:. I will try emailing terminal supplyco on Monday.

As for the automotive suggestion, recon your right on that. Spoke to the "Boss Man" and the battery pack is actually from his Aprilla race bike he has just bought šŸ™ƒ.

It feeds the ignition system and the 16 channel data logger.

To be continued.......