RSLogixs 5K DeviceNet Programming Example

mlkilby

Hellow I am looking for an example of the Tag configuration or UDT to communicate ControlLogix via DeviceNet to a Mitsubishi FR-E-700 series drive. :cool:

Not sure if this is what your asking but AB has a program that will auto generate the ControlLogix tags from your DeviceNet network. It basically takes the info from the DeviceNet network and inserts the proper tags into the ControlLogix program you are using. Then you can use them as you need.

AB tech support should have the program for free. I belive it is called DeviceNet tag name generator. If not, I could probably send it to you

Dave

The DeviceNet Tag Generator will likely not do anything particularly helpful for you with that Mitsubishi drive.

EDS files need to have the Tag data added to them for the Tag Generator to know what data elements are included in the Assemblies used by the device. There's been a lot of work at A-B over the past three years to update EDS files to include this data.

But I have not seen any competitive gear that has done so.

Post a link to the Mitsubishi DeviceNet adapter documentation and a Forum member may be able to help you build your own UDT that matches it.