another TI/siemens fault question

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a processor 545-1104 giving me trouble. I pulled the battery and let it sit for 15 mins to clear the memory and now when i try and download it keeps giving me a fatal error that says operational status error. I tried pulling the battery again but it just keeps coming back up with this same error. I cant download anything to it and when I try to clear the memory using the option in the workshop program it tells me the same thing, operational status error. Im at a loss on what to do. I cant find anything anywhere on that fault. anyone run into this?

What kind of trouble was the processor giving you before you tried to clear the memory? If your program was stored on an (e)eprom installed in the processor it will not be cleared by removing the battery and killing the power. I took a quick look at the 545 manual and found no reference to the error you mentioned.

it wasnt giving any trouble, it just had the wrong logic in it.it was some equipment that was just inherited. it had originally just lost the logic. I went over and dumped what i thought was the correct logic then noticed that the hardware was different. i found someone that had something newer and now I have someone back to download the new stuff in and this is where we stand.

See if there is an E Prom on the CPU board. If there is you need to remove it (very carefully). Once it is removed turn off DipSwitch 9 this disables the battery backup. Wait atleast 5 minutes (this is important so do not get in a hurry). Put your CPU back in and try to restart. You should get a no program fault but you can load the program you have to clear that. Also, if your fault comes back now you really need to check your I/O alocation tables. If you are using a program from another PLC the cards may be different so your memory alocation is not going to be the same.

If you seach Seiemens sight with the keyword Siemens 545 you can find manuals for this PLC. The hardware manual is quite usefull