fault reporting by gmr(gefanuc,90-70) system

mvlrao

i have problem with respect to faults reporting by hblock output group in gmr system(ge-fanuc 90-70)

FAULTS REPORTED BY H BLOCK GROUP:

1.FOR OPEN CIRCUIT FAULT - ALL 4 BLOCKS ARE NOT REPORTING FAULT TO THE CPU(ONE OR TWO OR THREE BLOCKS ARE REPORTING RANDOMLY,IT IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH ANY BLOCK(A/B/C/D)

2.WHEN I/O FAULT RESET IS INITIATED WITH %M12258 ,FAULT STATUS FROM ONE BLOCK IS CHANGING TO ANOTHER BLOCK IN THE GROUP.(THIS IS ALSO NOT CONSISTENT)

pls. let me know the reason/solution)

Are you saying that you have blocks reporting open circuit faults when no faults exist or that blocks fail to report actual open circuit faults? Are the faults on input circuits or output circuits?

You mentioned a gmr redundant system. Is it redundant bus? Redundant blocks? Redundant I/O? These tend to be pretty complex systems. Have you been in contact with the OEM?

gmr-system h block faults

some of the blocks(out of 4 blocks) fail to show actual open circuit faults.

faults are on output circuits. gmr system H block consists of 2 source and 2 sink blocks)

Each individual circuit on a Genius block can be configured whether or not to report open circuit faults. Have you verified that the circuits in question are properly configured? You can check this with your Hand-Held monitor IC660HHM501.