Use of OSCAT files

I am hoping to explore the world of OSCAT to use in conjunction with a Codesys PLC. I downloaded what I thought was a library, but all I've got are a bunch of Object and Metafiles.

Has anyone made use of OSCAT files and tell me what I need to do to make use of them?

MrPLC.com has a Codesys forum, though still not much traffic there.

I use the Oscat library from here:

http://www.oscat.de/index.php?optio...&gid=15&orderby=dmdate_published&ascdesc=DESC

I have Turck hardware, so I used the version for Twincat/Codesys 2.3. If you find the library manager in Codesys, then when not logged on to the PLC, right click in the window and add the library. I can provide screenshots if it would help. After this, all the functions are then available. The website is in German, but the comments for the functions are in English when viewed in Codesys so I don't have trouble using it.

Here is a link to download the current lib for codesys 2.
http://www.oscat.de/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=123

It has functions to do just about everything under the sun from data sorters, to filters, to a function to tell you when easter will be.
I typically open the .lib file and export out the function blocks that I want, because of the large number of POUs in the library. Many targets(PLSs) limit the total number of POUs it will compile and the Oscat library often takes on close to the limit.

type in www.oscat.de and yes site is in german mostly
today new version 3.04
and as many platforms choose the one with your version.
sometimes older version is needed but just click to older pages.
easy one.
best is to have the *.lib and the plain text loaded here is explanayion in english.
the doks are in german.

Anyone know if there is a version of OSCAT for Twincat3?

Now that Twincat is Visual Studio based instead of Codesys based I do not know if you can use OSCAT.