Micrologix strings

arnk

Hello all
I am trying to email a string longer than 82 characters on a Micrologix 1100. The MSG instruction can only take two strings from a ST file - the first is the subject line and the second is the email body. I tried using indirect strings eg [ST9:1][ST9:2] as the email body, but it doesnt evaluate them. Is this possible?
Thanks
Al

Thanks OkiePC - I am currently using two emails, but its a hassle to join them together at the receiving end. I can use indirect values in strings when I send a SMS to a modem with the ASCII instructions, but not when I want to send an email via the Micrologix ethernet port.
Al

Similar Topics

All, I'm working on a communication project between 2 departments. I have a PV Plus 1250 in one department on a Micrologix 1100 (RSLogix 500)...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am working with an AB Micrologix1500 and an Automation Direct C-more touch screen. My PLC program currently has Strings such as...
Replies
Views
Guys, I need to store 10 x program names in 10 x strings that can then be viewed on a panelview display. I can do the panelview part (I think !)...
Replies
Views
hi to all, have anyone tried to communicate Schneider PM800 to a ML1400 through rs485? i am having an issue with it just receiving message...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a panelview plus that reads from 4 different PLC's. 2 of these used to be Micrologix PLC's and someone else went and updated them to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom