Td100c

dmkar

I have a CPU222 with TD100C. The programming is not a problem, but the downloading of the configuration to the TD.
I have the PPI cable and the selfmade TD/CPU cable.
When the TD is plugged in in the CPU the display lits up.
How can i bring the configuration to the TD.
Thanks

TDs have to be configured in MicroWIN. In Tools->Text Display Wizard you can configure it according your needs. The configuration file is in the PLC, not in the TD. If you want a custom keypad you have to use the TD keypad Designer to reconfigure the function keys, anyway you will use it like a standard text display.
Have a nice day !!!

Thanks,
But this is all done.
The TD tells me 'No parameter blk'. This bloc is however in the PLC.
What goes wrong.

Thanks,
But this is all done.
The TD tells me 'No parameter blk'. This bloc is however in the PLC.
What goes wrong.

To answer the question in bold:

The TD is unable to find the parameter block.

To explain it in more detail:

The TD has a configuration setting that needs to be changed to point at the correct starting adress of the parameter block. The default value is 0. So it looks at VB0 in the PLC for it's parameters.
Yes, the parameters are only in the PLC, nothing needs to be downloaded to the TD.

The parameter block value should = xxx in TD_DATA_xxx. TD_DATA_xxx is created by the Wizard and xxx is the first VB address used by said datablock.
Parameter block value is configured in the TD, accessible by hitting enter or esc after TD is booted.

So, enter the correct value for Parameter Block in TD, the correct MPI/PPI address for the PLC (also in the TD), connect the TD to PLC and you're done.

For more info: Link

First post was referenced to TD200......sigh.....