paper presenting

The lights that decorate my house at christmas time are turned on and off by a PLC.

PLCs have scads of uses. Scada uses, too!

I have used a plc for a doorbell in a manufacturing plant. Two doors at different locations in a plant office, both activating a single alarm, with indicator lights to show which one "rang", several reset buttons, and flashing sequences to show door status, alarm status, or time of day function status. Basically, you look bored, here's a SLC150, we need a doorbell, go have fun. By the way, the electrical contractor won't hook it up right anyway, but have fun.

I have seen wattmeters and plc's on coffee pots.

Plant soil moisture checker and automatic waterer, an on, and on, and on, and...

If you can think of something to do, you can probably come up with a way for a plc to do it, or assist in doing it.

regards.....casey

If he hasn't turned his paper in by now, I expect he's not going to have to. This thread is 14 months old. Can't blame you for being helpful, tho.

I don't check dates, obviously.

Saw several people viewing it in the "Who's Online" page, thought it was one I missed.

Good opportunity to beat another dead horse further into the ground.....

Seperate posting section for students?

Seperate posting section for new injuneers?

Yeah, yeah, I know, back to my hole.....

regards.....casey

There's a "Who's Online" page???

kc9ih said:
Saw several people viewing it in the "Who's Online" page, thought it was one I missed.

I have been (lived?) here since the opening of the new forum 2Ā½ years ago, yet have NEVER stumbled across the "Who's Online" page... :oops:

And here I thought I knew every nook and cranny 'round here... :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping me discover it, Casey!... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. to other 'newbies' like me... You click on the "Currently Active Users" text on the main page... šŸ™ƒ

Re: There's a "Who's Online" page???

Eric Nelson said:
P.S. to other 'newbies' like me... You click on the "Currently Active Users" text on the main page... šŸ™ƒ

The faster way is to use the FORUM JUMP at the bottom of almost every page:

[attachment]

Of course, you also have to be a registered member to visit this page.

Casey:

Separate sections would never be used right. Phil has enough trouble moving real questions from "Practice Posting Here" to the LIVE! forum, as well as moving resumes posted in "PLC Employment - Offered" to the proper "PLC Employment - Wanted" section to want to hassle with anything more.

For me, I'd be happy if there was an "autolock" feature that Phil could enable so that any post older than, say, 3 months would not be allowed to be responded to.

Then, maybe, perhaps, THAT CERTAIN thread would finally DIE!!! (I think we all know which one I mean).

plcs.net.jpg

Last edited: