View Full Version : Not PLC Related... DIN Rail Mount PushButton

August 6th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Sorry my question is not PLC related but I can't find any on Google. Does anyone know who makes a DIN Rail mounted push button. Doesn't need to be anything fancy. Just a single pole/single throw switch (momentary). A manufacturer or a link would be great. Thanks.

August 6th, 2003, 11:29 AM
I seem to remember LeGrand makes a bracket for 22mm pushbuttons. Allows the button to mount on a DIN rail.

August 6th, 2003, 11:54 AM
OK, I can't stand it. I have to ask. Why do want a Pusbutton inside the enclosure? If I know, maybe I can help.

August 6th, 2003, 12:33 PM
We have put keyswitches inside an enclosure before for certain override functions that only we use, the OEM or the maintenance personell would need to use on a machine.

A password protected screen may also be nice but sometimes hardwiring gives you a better feeling.

Of course, nothing is fool-proof as they just keep making better fools :p

August 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Yes, we have a few of those things around here, just an offset flat panel with switches punched into it. Simpler than a DIN Rail.

August 7th, 2003, 03:25 AM
just an offset flat panel with switches punched into it. Simpler than a DIN Rail.

If the DinRail is already there then it would be eaiser to snap on
a push button.

August 7th, 2003, 07:03 AM
It will be used for "maintenance" reset buttons. There will be more than one I think. Typically we would just mount a very small enclosure or have a stand-off fabbed for us and mount the buttons there. It would just be easier if I could find something that would mount the button(s) to existing DIN rail. I tried to find the LeGrand bracket but didn't see it.

August 7th, 2003, 07:44 AM
I have an Allen-Bradley single pole/double throw din mount toggle switch AB part# 1492-EBD4P. I'm sure they make a momentary.

August 7th, 2003, 07:49 AM
A 1492-EBD4P is an DIN rail end barrier. If you have a different part number, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the reply.

August 7th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Oops, that's the cover for it. It's 1492-WD4P.

August 7th, 2003, 10:00 AM
On KC's behalf, neither of these numbers have anything to do with a switch. Your second item is a "Two level terminal block with top level capable of accepting plug in components" None of the 'plug-in components' are a switch.

August 7th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Yep...Just checked the part numbers... Thanks for the reply, though...
I did find a cheap plastic adapter bracket that might work, but it looks pretty crappy... A small terminal block style push button would be really cool, but haven't heard of or found anything like that... hopefully someone else has.

August 7th, 2003, 10:14 AM
If you connect one side to, lets say 24vdc, and the other side to an input, guess what, you have a switch. No reason to split hairs here.

August 7th, 2003, 10:19 AM
How does the "component" open and close the circuit. What type of actuator does it have? I couldn't find much info about it but it looks like some type of plug-jumper or something...

August 7th, 2003, 10:29 AM
K.C. it is literally a small toggle switch overmolded into a terminal block. The "back" circuit is your common and the toggle is three position. The toggle connects the common to the "front top" terminal or the "front bottom" terminal or disconnects from both. Sooooo you could actually have two inputs to your PLC if ever needed.

August 7th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Cool... How is it actuated? Do you push in on it or is it a rocker type or ball bat type toggle??? The picture in the AB catalog isn't really very helpful and there isn't any text description or spec's that I could find.

August 7th, 2003, 10:58 AM
A picture says.....

panic mode
August 7th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Very interesting, I'll probably buy some...
I don't think they have keyswitch in such
compact form though.
On occasion we used to install the E-5PB
(5 push button enclosure) and used standard
buttons but this is very compact.

panic mode

August 7th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Just an opinion here....... feel free to shoot me down.

If you mount that thing in a bank of switches my fat finger couldn't switch just one. Also, how do you label these things. I think it may have a slight Fromage effect. I will try to bring my digital Camera tomorrow and show you what we have here, not to say it is perfect, but it might help with ideas.

August 7th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Wow a real picture!!!! A big thanks to ROBO for going above and beyond... That looks like that will work very nicely. I will just need to get a momentary, single-pole, ball-bat style switch(s) and other items... Thanks again... Also, thanks to everyone else who replied and assisted. Except for "Devil's Advocate" (Vetteboy). :D (Just kidding)

Thanks All...

August 7th, 2003, 06:18 PM
OK, forget the picture, just let me know how it pans out. beerchug

October 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Someone asked about something like this on patchn so I thought I would revive it here in case anyone knows of other sources. Seems like this could be something handy to know about.

October 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Except its not an AB part as indicated - but it is identical in form to AB's depricated 1492-W line as AB terminals were relabled Woertz terminals.


October 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
but I don't have the part number.

October 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
I bet your looking for something like this -http://www.klocknermoeller.com/rmq_titan/pushbutton-operators-lighted.htm

or this - http://www.klocknermoeller.com/rmq_titan/rmq-titan-m22-series.htm