Siemens S7 FC105 help

Neil stokes

Hi Site,

I have recently come a cross a problem and I am searching for anyone with experience of this.

I am using a scaling function of FC105..
IW24 as input terminal to be scaled.
LW24 as RetVal
DB1.DB4 as re scaled value.
M50.0 as Bi-polar bit

My problem is with the enable pin.
I want to use M50.0 the same bit as bi polar to enable the scaling function.
EVerytime i try to do this i get an error message back saying that the data type is wrong or my symbol tables do not match.

This function is called in FB1 with associated Db1.

I recalled the block.reinitialzed the data block and also recalled FC105 and remade the terminals.
Still I have the same problem.

Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Why are you using LW24 as the return value ? Use a named variable of type int.

This is an editor bug - a "work around" is to put two N/O contacts in series into the EN pin, switch to STL view, delete the extra instruction, then switch back to LAD view:

ed009009.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help.
I didnt programme this code.I simply wanted to rescale.

Once again thank you.It worked perfectly.

Are there any other siemens blocks that have the same Bug ?

Kind Regards Neil Stokes

It not a "block" bug, it is an editor bug that comes up with other ladder rungs of this configuration. It may well have been fixed in the latest service pack available for Step 7