Wonderware Historian Server

roprez

Hi, I`ve just installed a Wonderware Historian Server 9.0 (also called InSQL) with Microsoft SQL SERVER 2005, on a Windows SERVER 2003 O.S.
I don´t have licence for ActiveFactory or Information Server, but I would like that 2 computers (with Intouch 10) could read the database from the server, and do the trends with that information, instead of saving it own database.
The thing is that the server is being used as a HARDDISK now, because its just saving data, but I can´t do anything with it, because I would have to program in SQL.

Hope someone can help me, because I know it can be done.

You can configure the historical trend object to retrieve and trend InSQL data. There's a technote on WW website somewhere.

The ActiveX object for INSQL is so much better than the old Trend object. I cannot stress enough how much better it is! If you have the means, Active Factory is worth it for that alone.

Sorry but I have to disagree. I've used both and I have to say the activex is clunky and lack features the hist trend has especially scaling, scripting, and data export and it comes with Intouch. I don't remember if the activex is free or you have to purchase the Active Factory to get it?