Panelmate, Canvas 3.3 and ControlLogix 5500

SLC_mofo

Hi Everyone

I have a 8" Panelmate and had to use Canvas software to design an HMI because apparently the original Panelmate software cannot read the arrays that exist in a ControlLogix 5500 PLC.

After spending hours on perfecting my design i find out that the Panelmate will not load the .ucf because it is incompatible!!

This only occurs on bootup and i can run the .ucf file manually but i need it to start automatically everytime the touchscreen resets.

Also is there an easy way to transfer the media library from one computer to another? I tried the export function but to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Canvas and Logix

I have done a large Logix application on Canvas and I learned a few tricks to save time.

First off an Panelmate ePro will be needed to run the Canvas application. The standard Panelmate doesn't support Canvas, and there is a special version of the ePro to run old Panelmate files.

The Media Library is bit difficult to work wit, but if you make a default directory that can be easily copied to the ePro, you will save yourself time later.

let me know if you need any more help.