Communicating ControlLogix with RSView32

ChuroChurp

Hello,

I am trying to get RSView32 to read the status on my ControlLogix controller, but can not get the 2 to communicate successfully. I do not have access to Kepware so I am looking for an alternative method.

Thanks for any help,

-ChurpChuro

I believe you should be using either rslinx classic or enterprise on the machine running the view32 and then set the controller as the topic. open up linx, look at the dde/opc tab at the top. go to topic configuration, make a new one, drill down in the hierarchy until you see the processor, then click on the topic name and click apply. that should do it.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Good Afternoon , I was wondering if any of you folks have communicated with a Foxjet Marksman Elite Printer. The reason I ask is that we...
Replies
Views
I know I posted a question about communicating with a Zebra printer with ControlLogix or CompactLogix. I did see some conversations concerning...
Replies
Views
I have a PanelView Plus 1000 terminal and I'm having trouble communicating to a simple ControlLogix PLC over ethernet. I have the PanelView's...
Replies
Views
Dear All Please help me about Below picture problem.PLC not communicating proper.
Replies
Views
I need to recommend a PC to replace a customer's old Windows 7 computer. The only thing I need to think through is the serial com port to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom