Dayton PLC by Grainger. Opinions? Any Good?

killer

Page 356 in the current Grainger catalog caught my eye. They're selling this Dayton PLC that seems to be rather cost competitive for a low-end system.

I've got some cost sensitive application opportunities that can't bear the cost of my typical Allen-Bradley solutions. If this is cheap and reliable it might be the thing.

I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on this platform?

Is it good / lousy?

Is the software any good?

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3FYP9

Last edited:
I found the software manual. Looks basic enough. Somewhat similar to Modicon ladder. Doesn't handle floats.

Darn... get what you pay for. Otherwise doesn't look too bad.

And the CLICK has no battery backup for data, no RTC, limited indexing capabilities, no Ethernet capabilities. But for a small CPU it looks great. I'm sure other capabilities will emerge as the product line matures.

You are all quite correct about the limitations of the current line of Click PLC's to being digital I/O only. Without breaking any NDA's or confidentiality clauses I can say that we have great plans for it as a PLC and the concerns that have been voiced will be addressed. Keep your eye on the web store for announcements of new modules.

Equally important to compete with the ML1100 will be the capability to perform online editing of the ladder program.

Looks like a very powerful little PLC though, with floating point math and a sophisticated programming interface...

Paul