Yet another Master Disk/Authorization issue

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm on a recent tookit purchase (last year) with Master Disk licenses. All worked great until I installed FT SE 5.0 and the FT Activation service on my laptop. Now, all of my CPR9 installs complain of no authorization and run under the 7 day grace. When I launch them, I still see it access the HD and then the floppy before complaining of no license. I've tried with and without the MD in the floppy, using EVmove to re-install them, to no avail. I'm on site on a startup with limited resources and not alot of time to sit on hold with AB. A colleague said they heard of a similar issue and the resolution was to uninstall FT activation, then the MD licenses started working again.

Any recommendations or has anyone had a similar problem?

Are you running 2008 toolkit licenses? They expired on 1/31/2009. But I'm not familiar with the specifics of toolkit licenses, I just know we needed move to the Factory Talk Activations before the 1/31/2009 date otherwise we would have problems.

Are you running 2008 toolkit licenses? They expired on 1/31/2009. But I'm not familiar with the specifics of toolkit licenses, I just know we needed move to the Factory Talk Activations before the 1/31/2009 date otherwise we would have problems.

Yep. I thought they were still good as long as you were on CPR9 or below. I've been on the road forever, so I guess I didn't get the word from the office. Strange, tho, as AFAIK, everyone else's is still working on a 5 license toolkit.

Ahrgg.... bring back dongles, even if I have to carry 10 of them.
There's no better way.
I carry all my software on an external drive (images of he disks) so in the event of disk failure or corruption then a quick install works fine just for the job in hand & as I have a few dongle packages this is fine i.e. a trip to local computer shop for a new drive, a quick install & up & running again, but these disk or other authorisation are a pain you are on-site, no internet connection, can't get through to the helpline etc. or waiting for an authorisation code.
Even when I lost my dongle for one system at least I could borrow one from the customer in this case.
It's about time that these suppliers could with a phone call give you a author code for 7 days until you receive your dongle, author code or dongle this happens with one type of software I use, it is hasp dongle however if you loose it a quick phonecall (number on the help file) & they give you a code that will last 7 days, this is a one off so once you get the dongle you need to de & re-install the app at your convenience in case you loose the dongle again, this works well.

I just had the same problem. We just got our 2009 Toolkit in the mail yesterday. You can get the serial# and product code from the Toolkit activation kit and go online and activate your products via the internet. Almost painless!

wow,
So thats why our RSView32 computer switched to "2 Hour Demo" mode yesterday. Good to know I didn't hose the thing.

BD

Hi Robert. You dont buy the toolkit, you just pay for the right to use the software for a year. The year ends usually on the last day of January.
Regards Alan Case

Hi Robert. You dont buy the toolkit, you just pay for the right to use the software for a year. The year ends usually on the last day of January.
Regards Alan Case

Yeah, that's what I've learned. Before last year, it was always the MDs. Last year we went with the toolkit, and since it still was a MD, I didn't realize it was a yearly lease. I've since learned we have the new activations, just a matter of finding time to get them.