help with rslinx required

salman.viqar

Dear All,
I am facing a problem with the Rslogix 5000, the problem is that today the HMI from which we are controlling the process on which ControlLogix is installed got stuck. When the program was restarted it displayed the error that "Not enough space on C drive available". The problem was figuered out that the disk space ran short as the trends that the HMI was saving occupied too much space, i deleted the old .DBF files and trends and again restarted the project and now iot is running fine.
I want to know a automatic solution to this problem so that no such problem appears in the off timings when no engineer is available, a solution such that after a specific amount of time the old trends and .DBF files get deleted by themselves.

In RSView you have choices of your file management, you can change how often you want to you want to save the data, you can also choose how long you want to save the data for.

Open up data log setup and file management in your edit mode

data.jpg

I use the method Genius is showing for RSView. THe difference being I set my trending to a specific time and I set my file deletion to a specific time with the MAx to act as a safety.

This way your trends and other files act as a PC version of a FIFO and you greatly reduce the risk of overfilling your hard drive.