RSLogix500

ELarsen

Greetings,
I am trying to write a program for an operation where a hoist carrying hot molten metal passes a door which is used by personnel and forklift traffic. I need a horn to sound in both directions and to turn off after a certain amount of time. As you will see I am not a programmer. I have programmed some trim presses and some auxiliary equipment, but I want to use other methods and learn some new ways to program. The place where I work is not a progressive thinking company, family owned and small, so I want to try some new things now that I have some time and a project. Heres what I have so far.

Ed Larsen

If this is not a school exercise, and you really are going to share a human entrance with some molten metal, I would recommend a separate door for the hoist. But anyway, you should also wire it in a failsafe manner, so you always have feedback from your photoeye or limit switch unlesss it is blocked by the hoist. That way you will lower the chance of a catastrophe if something fails.