The answer to Tech supports infamous question...

well....
would have to question the cutters in the picture?? to cut the cord on the monitor?
I keep them around for those times when I type in the wrong data & then hit the enter key just before realizing that the data I typed in is going to hose the machinery. Knowing that the escape, backspace or delete keys won't stop the process, I can use the cutters to cut the Ethernet, power or serial cable depending on what I'm doing at the time.

BD

What I want to know is how you keep your desk so neat and tidy. If I can find my stupid CAMERA around here, I'll send you a picture that'll make you laugh till you CRY.......

Stationmaster

If my desk were that neat I would be ashamed to show it to anyone.

If I could see my desk I would be suprised. I pretty sure if the fire marshal ever pays us a visit I am going to have to hang warning signs around mine.

tidy'd up just for the picture

Thought I should add my tech support wall.

P.S. I have the reputation for the messiest desk in the company.

tech_support_wall.jpg

If I could see my desk I would be suprised. I pretty sure if the fire marshal ever pays us a visit I am going to have to hang warning signs around mine.

During my career in Safety and Health at Boeing one of the Facilities custodians was concerned about getting buried in one of the engineers offices. I went and looked at it 8 x 10 office with books papers etc etc piled five feet high with a 18" wide aisle left for his desk. I talked with engineer about it and he told me to buzz off. I got a bit angry so called a buddy at Boeing Fire and told him about it and mentioned fire loading. He and Fire Marshall came down and told engineer and engineering big manaager/boss to have office cleared out in two days or they would have Facilities do it for them. It got cleaned out.

Dan Bentler

During my career in Safety and Health at Boeing one of the Facilities custodians was concerned about getting buried in one of the engineers offices. I went and looked at it 8 x 10 office with books papers etc etc piled five feet high with a 18" wide aisle left for his desk. I talked with engineer about it and he told me to buzz off. I got a bit angry so called a buddy at Boeing Fire and told him about it and mentioned fire loading. He and Fire Marshall came down and told engineer and engineering big manaager/boss to have office cleared out in two days or they would have Facilities do it for them. It got cleaned out.

Dan Bentler

Well I admit mine is not that bad. 18" is way to small an aisle to walk down. There is atleast a 24 to 36 inch gap between the piles. J/K

I do however keep the top pretty covered up. I work for a small company and am the only electrical engineer. That being said I run 6 to 8 projects at the same time so drawings, manuals, catlogs tend to get spread out. Usually when I get down to one or 2 project going I clean up a bit. Last time I cleaned up I even found a couple of coffee cups I had been missing.

Clearly, the genius of our times, Mr. Albert Einstein establishes the coorelation of ________ with what appears to be a messy work environment, witness Life magazine's photos:
15oe34l.jpg

But, whereas I had previously considered myself working amongst peers on this forum, I can tell you that from the evidence provided thus far, you're all amateurs when it comes to messy offices. Contact me for admittance to the major leagues:

2lwwxs6.jpg

Dan