how to programming a S7-200 PLC 1km distance away?

thistiny

there is a PLC and a PC,
the distance between the PLC and PC is up to 1000M,
I wan't programming the PLC via the PC,but the programming cable is only 3M,
I wan't know if there is a solution?
I had seach via Google,
find a SIEMENS programming adapter for S7-300/S7-400:
http://www.elec-intro.com/shop/usbm...s-s7300400-plc-programming-adapter-p-277.html
it says that:
optoelectronic isolated USB/MPI,Siemens S7-300/400 PLC Programming adapter cable,3 meters,with communication indicator,can replace Siemens 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0,automatically adjust the communication speed from 19.2Kbps to 115.2Kbps for the PC port,automatically adjust the communication speed from 19.2Kbps to 187.5Kbps for the MPI interface.It doesn't support profibus function.
The largest communications range between the USB/MPI+ and PLC are up to 1 kilometers
I wan to know if this can work fine? the price is so cheap,
only $94.08

The PC is in my office,the PLC is in the factory,

my PC will communication the PLC in order to get some online data for my OPC server,and i can't move the PC to the factory because there are some problem.

so i need long distance communication cable.

Ok, I think you are going to need ethernet for that kind of distance.

I would talk to you local Siemens Rep. You will probably have to set either a profibus network or ethernet. I do not think you can program a S7-200 with MPI.

Thanks Clay B. very much.
(1)max distance of ethernet is only 200m
(2)if profibus,i will buy a EM277? it's too expensive.

I have already buy a long distance PC/PPI cable from here:
http://www.elec-intro.com/shop/pcppioptoelectronic-isolated-pcppi-cable-p-276.html

larger image

PC/PPI+:eek:ptoelectronic isolated PC/PPI cable

$48.00 $47.04

optoelectronic isolated PC/PPI cable,support 10 bit and 11 bit modem communication,with communication indicator,automatically adjust the baud rate from 0 to 115.2Kbps,the largest communication distance of up to 2 kilometers.Not support multi-master station communication.

The PC/PPI+ programming cable is the transformation electric cable from RS232 to the PPI connection (RS485), and it is suitable for Simens S7-200 series PLC and the TP170 touchscreen programming, the correspondence and the monitoring. It also supports the PPI agreement and the free mouth communication protocol, and can use MODEM (modem) through the telephone line to make a long-distance correspondence. Since the cable is isolated with the electro-optical and built-in anti-static, surge and other transient over-voltage protection circuit, it solves the problem that the communication I always burned easily well. And it is especially suitable for the long-term monitoring communications which are under the industrial site with a poor environment.

I will test the long distance function when i receive the Cable. because it's deliveried from China, it will cost some time.
it's really cheap:)