Beijer Electronics E-700 and CPU 5/03 Allen-Bradlley connection

eeuriel

Hello I´m new in PLCS.net and this is my first post, I hope to do this well.

I want to connect a HMI E-700 (Beijer Electronics) and a SLC 500, but I´m not sure how to connect them.
I was thinking in a communicaction DF1 by the ports RS-232 from the panel and the SLC 500 5/03 CPU, Can I use Cab30? :)huh:) or it could be a problem with this cable.

P.D. I don´t have the module 1747-KE of Allen-Bradlley.
P.D. I will try to program the HMI from itself, without the software E-Designer, I don´t have it!!!
:)

The best way to go for the communications is DF1.

You can find what cables you need at:
http://hmi.beijerelectronics.com
Under support click Cable Guide on the left side of the screen. According to this you should be able to use a CAB30. The site also gives the cable drawings in case you want to make your own cables.

I don't believe you can program the HMI from the screen. You need the software to develop the screens on a PC or laptop and then download to the screen.

Yes you can program the early Beijer HMIs from the HMI screen. You use the 'Backspace and Main' key combination to switch between run and program, then select Program from the menu instead of Transfer. It is a painful process, you have to be very organised to know which object you are editing, definetly not recommended but do-able. Usually the ability to switch between run and program is disabled by adding RPD to the system settings to stop a bored machine operator from 'playing'.

eeuriel, I think I would be sweet talking my local Mitsubishi supplier/rep to see if I could blag a copy of the programming software, it will save you a lot of time and effort.

Bryan

Thanks every one:

BryanG i´ll glad if i could get the software but my local Mitsubishi supplier/rep say that I could blag a copy of the programming software for only 400 euros but I don´t have all that money I get this panels for 90 dls. every one. I will program only 4 or 5 screens (or Block) in the panel.

I saw the site recommended by ndzied1 but the cable guide is only for EXTER, H-Series and Cimrex but not for E-series.
I found another site
www.e-terminals.com (for the e-series)
http://www.e-terminals.com/index2.html (for the cable guide)
I searched in this site for cable between SLC 5/03 and E700 but the answer isn´t good, It´s say "not products chossen" I don´t now if theres is a problem with the site.

Anyway, I programed the E700 and try to communicate whit the SLC 5/03 with CAB10 but the panel say "no answer from PLC".
Coniguration of panel:
the port RS232, 9600 baud rate.
Protocol: ALLEN-BRADLLEY (DF1)

Coniguration of PLC:
CH.0 RS-232 DF1
9600 baud rate and others configurations are the same.
I try to Suthdown the DH485 but nothing happend.

I think that RS232 of E700 is only for programming,
I will try to communicate it with CAB10 via DH-485 using the port 422 of the panel, I´ll built it.I hope this works.

An Other problem:smas:.
The operatve sistem failed 💀 because I try to download a wrong file (.bin) with the HMI Tools (Loader). The panel don´t work anymore, no beeps from the keypad and the screen is always black.
I have another panel I will work with this for the moment and after i try to download the Drive agani :-(
I tell you what happened in a few days

You can find a drawing for the cable here, then select your PLC and the Cimrex 70, but it uses the RS422 port on the E700 with a 422 to 485 converter. You can use either or both ports on the E700 to connect to a PLC but I don't know anything about the AB range to offer advice on the RS232 option. If you have tried to use the wrong .bin file you may be able to get the HMI to go into systemload by pressing Backspace and F1 as you power the HMI. One of the LEDS will flash green if it is ready for you to load the firmware again. Detail of other key sequences is here, then select Information Documents, Operator Terminals, CIMREX. Keep a watch on ebay and other auction sites, you sometimes find Mitsubishi software for sale. Otherwise RS Components do the software for £79.00 though delivery probably won't be cheap. Just had another thought about the software, I think earlier versions were called "MAC programmer" rather than E-Designer and the early version should be OK for the E700 so keep an eye out for either.

Bryan

Last edited:
Thanks ndzied1 and BryanG(y).
Thanks BryanG for the last help I could re-load the OS. First load the E700 boot program (E700bupd) after that I re-load the version of the panel ver 2.04 (E700204b). 🍺
For the communication I use the CAB5, this is for RS-232 beteewn Allen-Bradlley SLC 5/03 and the E700 Panel without the 1747-KE module, It´s work great.
🍻
PD. CAB30 is not for communicate the panel and the SLC 5/03.
:site: