Shut down an output

blias

Hi everyone,
I have a problem that I need to solve.If someone could help me out it would be great and I would definitely appreciate it.
So,I have two inputs-Power (permanent ON/OFF-like the light switch in your house) and Reset(momentary ON-like your PC reset button) and one output-a DC motor that needs to be turned ON or OFF.When Power is ON and Reset is not pressed the Motor is running.Now I need when I press and release the Reset(the same like pressing reset button when you need to restart your PC) to stop the Motor while the Power is still ON.
I tried with the logic that has been attached to this post but it is not what I actually need.In this logic when I press Reset it does stop the Motor but I need to keep it pressed otherwise if I release it the Motor starts working again.I tried with Keep but what happened is when the Power goes OFF the Motor is still working until Reset has been pressed.
Any ideas how I could solve this?
Thanks in advance.

Blias

Flip Flop with a twist?

blias,

Is this what you want?

1. Turn on the maintained switch the DC motor runs.
2. The maintained switch is still on and the motor is running. At this point you press the momentary button you want the motor to stop.
3. The maintained switch is still on but the motor is off at this point you want the motor to run.
4. If you turn off the maintained switch the motor will not run period.

blias,

Is this what you want?

2. The maintained switch is still on and the motor is running. At this point you press the momentary button you want the motor to stop.
3. The maintained switch is still on but the motor is off at this point you want the motor to run.
1. Yes-01 is ON and 101 is ON
2. Yes-01 is still ON,02 becomes momentary ON and 101 should stop
3. Yes, but in order to run 101 I need to turn off 01
4. Yes

Does your PLC support rising edge and falling edge contacts?

1. Yes-01 is ON and 101 is ON
2. Yes-01 is still ON,02 becomes momentary ON and 101 should stop
3. Yes, but in order to run 101 I need to turn off 01
4. Yes

#3. and #4. Appear to be in conflict with each other.

Try this :-

| Sw_ON B A
|-------| |-----------------------------+---|/|-----( )--
| |
| | B
| +-----------( )--
|
| A Sw_OFF Reset Motor
|---+---| |---+---|/|------|/|----------------------( )---
| | |
| | Motor |
| +---| |---+

blias,

Is this what you want?

Does your PLC support rising edge and falling edge contacts?
It don't think so.It is in my university's lab and we are using Syswin 3.4.To me it means it's a bit older and as far as I know rising/falling edge contacts are kind of new? I am not sure about the last.This is just what I've heard.

#3. and #4. Appear to be in conflict with each other.
After pressing Reset (02) once the Motor (101) must stop.In order to get it working again I need to turn the Power (01) OFF and after that ON regardless of the fact if Reset (02) has been pressed again.

Sounds like you may have a Omron PLC. Use a DIFU bit to set the Keep off the Switch that you are using to turn on the motor. This is the rising edge bit for Omron #13 I think and it will allow the keep to be set when the switch is turned on. You will have to turn the switch off and on again to restart the motor.

| Sw_ON B A
| |
| | B
| +-----------( )--
|
| A Sw_OFF Reset Motor
| | |
| | Motor |
| +---| |---+

Thanks,daba.
I'll try it.

Sounds like you may have a Omron PLC. Use a DIFU bit to set the Keep off the Switch that you are using to turn on the motor. This is the rising edge bit for Omron #13 I think and it will allow the keep to be set when the switch is turned on. You will have to turn the switch off and on again to restart the motor.
Thanks for the reply,REHJ.
Yes,it is OMRON SYSMAC.I don't know if this model supports rising edge but I'll give it a try for sure.
Actually I think your suggestion would work for any other case that requires complete turn OFF of the logic in order to get it working again.Am I right?

milldrone,
Thank you.
Is C0 and C1 DIFU finction?

No, well, not technically. Just internal bits. They are sensitive to where they are in the logic scan. When used in conjunction with what ever turns them on they can be oneshots, rising edge, falling edge (same as your difu, just old school, before any of this fancy stuff)

No, well, not technically. Just internal bits. They are sensitive to where they are in the logic scan. When used in conjunction with what ever turns them on they can be oneshots, rising edge, falling edge (same as your difu, just old school, before any of this fancy stuff)
As soon as I get to the lab I'll give it a try.Before that I may try to see if I could use TriLOGI because it has some kind of simulation mode.

| Sw_ON B A
| |
| | B
| +-----------( )--
|
| A Sw_OFF Reset Motor
| | |
| | Motor |
| +---| |---+