24VDC DIN Power Supply

creativepaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using a AB PLC to act as a DCS. I have 13 transmitters and 13 valves that go to an AB remote IO panel. The transmitters and valves operate on a 4-20mA signal.
I am after a 24VDC DIN rail mounted power supply for these items.
13 transmitters (Rosemount) @ 50mA = 650mA
13 valves @ 20mA = 260mA
Total Amperage = 910mA

I think that I will spec out a 3A power supply for this. Is there any reason to go higher or lower amperage?

I looked at a AB 1606xlp72E. Anyone had any problems with this, other suggestions? Being AB it should reliable, overpriced, but reliable.

3A would be the minimum I would spec. You'll never regret having more capacity than you actually need, and the incremental price is negligible.

And I agree with Paul - Though we've installed alot of AB power supplies, I still prefer Sola.

I used to use Sola also, but if you believe the salesman that comes around, the AB power supplies are made by the same company that used to make Sola before they opened a factory in China. By the way, the company is Puls (www.puls-power.com/us) and they have a line identical to the sola and the AB 1606.

I now pretty much use the AB line since we get a great discount with them.

Hi Brucechase,
Please take a look at the following brands of Power supplies: Sola, Puls, Mean Well, Weidmuller, Carlo Gavazzi etc etc. Can you see the difference, and do you really know who makes them??? someone told me once it was Mean Well ???