Which Monitor do I need?

austin

I'm running a Wonderware application currently using 2 X 20" monitors, split screen.

I need to go to 4 screens, 2 monitors (30" or more) @ 1366 X 796 or greater resolution.

I'm going with the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 420 graphics card and want to get the right monitor so I can get the most out of it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Austin

Usually it is best to get a monitor that has a native resolution of the one you are looking for, however, a monitor can display resolution less than it's native if the aspect ration is the same.

Check out Newegg.com and used the Advanced Search to browse by size, resolution, etc. Can never go wrong with Newegg in my experience.

1366 X 796 resolution has a 16:9 aspect ratio (same as 1080p HDTV format), so any 16:9 monitor with a resolution at or greater than 1366x796 should work fine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/Vector_Video_Standards2.svg

However if you are looking for industrial hardened monitors (Strongarm terminals and the like) you may need to look elsewhere (and pay a bit more).