WAGO / CodeSys as HMI

JulienV

I'm used to brand names like A-B/ Modicon and Siemens but I'd like to give Wago/Codesys a try with their new 758-870 IPC. Anyone worked with the HMI side of codesys? Does it rival with the big guys outthere? I definitely like their connectivity options. Thanks for your replies!

I am not sure what the Wago is like for price, but one to look at may be the Beckhoff CX range. They run Windows CE and are programmed/configured using TwinCAT, which has the Codesys system at it's core.

I haven't used them personally but I have used their bus coupler(BX) and PLC range(BC) and not had any problems yet.

Go to www.beckhoff.com and look at embedded PC in the left hand menu.

Jon

From my personal experience... stay away from Wago. We recently removed them from a conveyor system due to them being unreliable.

Did you had problems with the 758-870 CPU or their I/O cards? We use their cards in a couple of systems here and we hadn't any problems. Haven't used the CPUs, yet.

We were using them as Remote I/O with a Devicenet Bus Coupler. The bus coupler would fault and give a blinking light pattern. The light pattern would always lead us to a different I/O card each time. It didn't matter if you changed the card the fault was pointing to, the next time it faulted it would be a different card. I have heard of people having no problems with them, but they were a diaster at our facility.

wago and beckhoff are equal.
the wago is very reliable, however your fault would have been communication and ground loops.
devicenet does not check after found error, just gives error.