No plc

ChrisShaver

Help please. I'm trying to hook up a 1761 ENI to a PLC using RSlinx. I have already programed the ENI with an IP address and a subnet mask that are in the same range as the computer I'm trying to communicate with. Using RSlinx, it can find the ENI device but it can't find the PLC. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Do I have to load drivers for the PLC slc500. Everything is Alan Bradley stuff. Read their tutorals and now I'm even more confused. Thanks for any help you can give.

It's probably the serial data rate or one of the settings on the controller to which the 1761-NET-ENI is attached.

The Net-ENI, if not attached to a device it can recognize, will report back to RSLinx over Ethernet that it is just a Net-ENI.

Once a controller is connected that will respond to a "Device List Identity" request, the Net-ENI adopts that device's identity and will appear as that device in an RSLinx browse.

I usually use the "Auto" data rate for the Net-ENI, and leave my controller at whatever its default data rate is (usually 19200 baud).

So: what controller, what cable, and what port settings are you using ?

The cable is a 1761-CBL-PM02 for a 1761-NET-ENI ver. B to the PLC. I'm coming out of the PC with Cat 5 into a hub and out of the hub with CAT 5 to the ENI. Using COM port 1, 19200 Baud rate. Thanks

I dont' have tons of experience but I have noticed that when I set an ENI module to auto detect the baud of the PLC, I had to cycle power on the ENI module before it would connect.

Hope this helps.