SEW Movidrive N-Monitoring Fault

Rob S.

We have a SEW Movidrive driving a SEW KA67 DY90S/B/TF.
It is using it as a servo for a lifting device. It has 1 Up
Limit , 1 Down Limit and 1 Reference Switch in the middle.
We replaced the drive and we keep getting a N-Monitoring fault could someone explain what this fault is in more detail, because in the SEW manual it has a number of causes. I understand that I can turn this off at Par. 500 and 501.
It seems like it is related to " nMax is exceeded during torque control". Any ideas would be great,

Thanks,

Seems like your lifting device is actually trying to lower heavier stuff than it used to do...

Easiest thing to do: Try to increase deceleration and move the limit switches accordingly.

A bit harder: You could try to recalibrate the drive to the current situation; use the 'scope' function in the movitools software to examine where/when it goes wrong or what could be improved. There's a good chance the PID is overshooting in relation to the load.

I saw the same fault when I was trying to stop a motor too fast with a heavy load pushing it. Slow down the ramp and add an external resistor to reduce the energy the VSD has to dissipate during stopping.