Siemens HMI compare

burnem83

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knows if it possible to compare a protool project with what is loaded into the HMI (MP270B), I am not sure if I have the up to date project and don't want my changes to have a negative effect. I have manually looked through the screens but is there a compare function like in simatic manager.

I have the feeling that this is not possible but hope I am wrong.

I am in the process of looking through the manuals, but your input would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,
You may be lucky and the upload tickbox was used meaning there is a copy of the running program in the unit, check for a CF card.

Failing that make a backup with Prosave, make your changes and if something screws up restore the backup.

I'd give the equipment supplier a call to check. Did they give you backup of the project (Assuming that it was an S7 plc)?
If so, it's likely that it is the latest copy.

Of course, that assumes no one else has made mods!!

Thanks

I have a copy of the program but the engineer who may have been likely to make changes no longer works for the company so cannot be sure if its up to date.

I am new here and have no history of the machine, will make a backup and if a problem occurs when we test then I can pop it back in.

If the problem occurs when im off site then I suppose thats life!

Cheers