Mitsubishi FX issues... programming

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I was trying to help a customer over the phone/computer and I am having a few issues with understanding the program...

He emailed it to me, it is an upload from a FX with an analog expansion.

The part I am having issues with is line 288, I know I need M18 to not be true, but what is it doing??

[Hour K960 D185 M18]

I am assuming Hour is time with a constant set value of 960 hours? then M18 is set to true??

On 500 there is a reset.. would this be clearing the value of M18?? when M28 is true (line 77)

Thanks as always
Mark

Hey Panic Mode,

Don't see where the value Current Time is being moved to D185,

Am I missing something?

Marc

he GIT,

should have checked FX programming manual :rolleyes:

M18 will turn on when D185 value (current hours) exceeds preset which is 960.

The only one I had was for the Q (should be the same for this) and I looked for and hour (no pun intended) and did not find it anywhere...

So its nothing special then... I will look for the FX manual :)

I can't believe that people are still battling with Mitsibushi hardware & software. There are some many better OEM's to use.

I can't believe that people are still battling with Mitsibushi hardware & software. There are some many better OEM's to use.

It is what it is... you can not just replace every PLC you come across... also there is nothing wrong with Mitsubishi or their products now the way the code is written is another story

panic mode said:
i just went through the code and didn't see any place writing to D185. is there HMI or somethign else connected to this plc?

Yes, thats the bad part... the PLC and the HMI had password protection, the machine was built in China and installed by them, they left before it was complete... (my customer paid them before it was complete) now he is stuck with a machine that is half way complete, we were able to get around the password in the PLC but the HMI (GOT1000) is not that easy.

I am going to re-write/modify the code in both but I need to know what I am up against, we think that they had a time bomb in the program with OR it may have been some sort of maintenance lock out, I am on another job until Sunday then I will get back to this one

Any one know a way around the password in a GOT let me know... I am sure there is a way to clear the memory (I hope) but it would be nice to see it with out having to start from square one

You sure learn a lot in a hurry with jobs like these :)

It is a hour timer increments every hour & will go for 70 years, if using gx developer press help after highlighting the instruction.