Panel View 700 and Modicon Quantum Communication

Jackie_Moon

Hello everyone,

I need to connect an Alan Bradley Panel View Plus CE 700 with Modicon Quantum 140 CPU 434 PLC.

Could anyone help me please with this problem? Is this even possible in an easy way? Would they communicate via Ethernet, Modbus, RSlinx...? Do I need to download some kind of a driver or an add-on for RSview?

KepServer Enterprise

PanelView Plus and PV+CE terminals use KepServer Enterprise drivers to provide connectivity to third-party controllers and networks, including Modicon.

The 140 CPU 434 has an onboard 9-pin RS232 port for Modbus protocol, so you can connect your PanelView Plus CE terminal directly to it. If you have an Ethernet module for your Modicon system, you could choose the Modbus/TCP driver instead.

KepServer Enterprise software should have been installed along with FactoryTalk View Studio. It works exactly like any other OPC Server on the development PC.

To load a KepServer Enterprise driver onto the PanelView Plus CE terminal itself, you need to perform a firmware update that includes the drivers you want. I recommend only loading one KepServer driver at a time.

I used KEPServer demo to try to connect RSview to Concept PLC simulator and it worked. I tryed two other OPC servers and all of them failed (or I did something wrong).

I was not able to connect it to a running simulator on the same computer where KEPServer is installed but on another computer with a different IP it works perfectly. Thank you.