(Non-PLC) Cutler-Hammer Touch Screen

We are using Modicon Quantum PLCs with Cutler-Hammer HMIs (Human-Machine Interface)

The Cutler- Hammer HMI is Model “1775T PMPP 1700", Part Number 92-01911-02

This unit incorporates a Sharp model LM8V302 Passive Matrix Color LCD Module which utilizes a CCFT (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Tube)Part Number K-CE175-22-58DH manufactured by;

West Electric Co.,Ltd.
(Matsusita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.)
2-9-95 Nagae-Higashi,
Kita-ku,
Osaka 531-0063, Japan

We have about 60 of these units in service and about 10% of the CCFTs do not illuminate. Without replacement CCFTs, the alternative is to spend about $500 for a new Sharp LCD module - and these are rapidly becoming obsolescent.

We need to maintain these units for many years to come.

Both Sharp & West Electric decline to sell us the CCFTs

Does anyone know a source for these CCFT lamps or know of a suitable substitute ?

Have you tried contacting your local Cutler-Hammer distributor? According to the brochures that I have, the PanelMate 1700 series have field-replaceable backlights. That would seem to imply that C-H will sell you a replacement backlight. Sorry, but I don't have a part number.

Hi,

you can use any CCFT with same length and diameter. Use the cable from the defective old tube.
We are using this type of display in our handheld products and have the same problem as you. I will try to supply you with a link where you can by the tubes.

Greetings from Austria
linilois0

If anyone is still looking for a link for back-light CCFLs, I just ordered two different lengths, one shorter, one longer than the original by 2mm and 3mm respectively for $10 each + $5 for shipping. I don't anticipate having a problem mounting them.
The lamp part number mentioned above doesn't seem to be available anymore (Jan/2010) but this company, CCFL Warehouse, has a broad range of products for just about any application:

CCFL Warehouse

I wouldn't class the replacement as a task for other than a tech since the controller requires a good bit of careful disassembly and is not in the category of a 'field replacement.'