Siemens S5 Program

smohamed

Hey everyone,

We're in a a bit of a bind. We are attempting to convert a Siemens PLC program (we believes it is S5) to another PLC. However, we don't have the software to open the PLC program.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could open up the program and possibly PDF the logic, so we can get an idea of what it looks like? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no way to be sure, it was only told to us by the other client company who has given us the program.

I'm not sure of the extensions, so I can't tell with 100% conviction that it is an S5, only by trusting what they have told us.

All of the S5 programs I have seen store the program in a file with the extension .s5d
This is missing from your archive.

PLC Type: 100U CPU100
PLC Size: 4096
Pgr Ver : 200

SIEMENS:
100U
PROJECT:
BF-AO3932
COMPANY:
LAIDLAW WASTE SYSTEMS
DATE:
12/9/93
REVISION:
DESIGNER:
GWG

I have unzipped this from the file with .cmt extension. I have used "Quadriga" for S5 programming - which saves files with different file extensions - but these seem different from both Siemens and Quadriga. Try Laidlaw? - or is that you??!!

Last edited:
L D[AR2,P#0.0] - Thanks! I will look and see if they forgot any of the files when handing it over.

markie - Nope we're not Laidlaw, but it is a good start. Thanks!

I've had a look at the pgr file and at first it looked promising as it contains some valid mc5 code

e.g.
10 FF = BLD255
83 00 = A F0.3
B2 32 = R F50.2
but then
FF 10 isn't a valid mc5 code

winhex009.jpg

Always wondered where one can get the info on the mc5 codes.....
In the S5-100U manuals, the MC5 codes are listed there. You could open the manual provided by L D[AR2,P#0.0] and turn to pages 25-32.

Kind regards,

Last edited: