Im new to this

scaleman1998

Hey I am a rookie when it comes to ladder, I purchased a ML 1500 LRP to play with at home and see if I can learn something. What I need help with is the ASCii Functions. I want to receive some data from a scale and then respond back to the scale. I don't know how to edit the ASCii strings, that are going out. I also don't know how to direct the PLC to a specific part of an incoming string. Can anybody give some direction.

Thanks
Scaleman

Sounds like fun. Post more about the strings the scale is using, and examples of your own work (*.RSS files or screenshots).

A link to a user manual for the scale would be great, too.

The default ASCii Format is <STX><G>Gross<NL> Where <G>=the gross weight i.e 200.0 lb. But I can format the string in just about anyway I want. If you look at page 90 in the manual, these are the commands that I may need to send to the scale. I dont really have any work worth sending. I am working on a pail filler so I will send that, maybe someone can tweak it some. This scale indicator is awesome, it can do almost anything. Full programable with a pascal based language. I will post the manual and my pail filler program.

Back
Top Bottom