FX testing via E1032

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have to test a system, which is a Mitsubishi FX and a E1032 HMI.

I would like to have a laptop connected to the E1032 ethernet port, running a simple scada type package so I can set read and write values etc into the PLC.

I am looking for suggestions as to which packages to try.

Any demos that timeout after a time period would be OK.

Why not just use the Remote Access Viewer that you get on the CD, or you can download from Mitsubishi or Beijer. Though it is called Viewer you get a picture on screen that is a view of the HMI and you can operate it as though you were standing at the side of the machine. Just make sure you enable 'Remote Access' in the 'Network Services'.

Bryan

Hi
thanks for reply. That wont do what i wish.

Basically the FX will be on a cc link network, receiving data from else where, and i wish to simulate the cc link data using this temporary scada

Cheers

Hi,

Does this SCADA have a FX-CPU driver? If the answer is yes then you could use transparent mode via ethernet:
SCADA --> Virtual Serial Port/Ethernet --> Terminal --> FX

To be able to read data from the terminal/PLC you will need to install a virtual serial port on your PC. A virtual serial port tricks the scada that there is a COM-port (e.g COM10). The virtual serial port is assigned to an IP-address (the terminals IP-address) and a port (the transparent mode port = 6004).
The virtual serial port collects the data sent by the scada and sends it to the desired IP-address/Port. The HMI removes the TCP/IP or UDP-frame and sends the telegram to the PLC. The PLC responds and the response is sent back to the scada (so the SCADA believes that it's communicating directly with the PLC).

A decent (and free) virtual serial port is TIBBO, it can be downloaded from the following website:
http://www.tibbo.com/get_dst.php

I recommend that you use UDP rather than TCP.

//Supporter.

Hi Supporter
This sounds more like what i need. I havent selected any SCADA package, but if I understand you, as long as it has a FX-CPU protocl i can do as you said... correct?

Cheers