FactoryTalk View SE Pen lines disapearing in Trends

tkeel

I have had this issue since I loaded the new software. This is a stand alone application. The harddrive croaked on old machine with RSVIEW SE 4.0. Now new machine I put FT view SE 5.0, after about 30 minutes the Pen lines just disappear. I can stop the client and bring it back up again and they will reappear. By changing the time span from 30 minutes to 30 hours, they will reappear.
If anyone has any suggestions on what to try, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried everything that I know and that Rockwell TechSupport has told me to try.o_O

TracyK

Well, I have narrowed this down to the Active X control. I receive an error stating that the active x control is newer than when the trend was saved. I am not sure what needs to be done with this. If anyone has a suggestion, that would be great!!

If you can find a new active X control for Trending for FTview SE 5.0 on the Rockwell Knowledge base, you can try to register it on your machine:
Click: Start » Run
Type: regsvr32 "Path to ActiveX control"

$

I also get the same ActiveX error on my trends but I don't have problems with my trends. At the time I updated my program from version 4.0 to 5.0, Rockwell couldn't explain the error.

Well, I have narrowed this down to the Active X control. I receive an error stating that the active x control is newer than when the trend was saved. I am not sure what needs to be done with this. If anyone has a suggestion, that would be great!!

I spoke with Rockwell on this issue and they said the activeX error appears when the project was created in a version 4.0 or lower. The way to correct the issue is to open the trend and make a change and save it. I tried opening a trend, moving it over and saving it and it worked. Tech support said that the reason is that the display is tied to an older version of activeX and making the change in the screen and saving it creates a new link to the newer activeX.

I had the issue you describe with TrendX in RSView 32 about 2 years ago and it was corrected as per Kev77 description with my edits in red

activeX error appears when the project was created in a version . The way to correct the issue is to open the trend ( In edit mode ) and make a change and save it. I opening a trend, ( Went to properties turned a pen off then back on ) and saving it and it worked. the reason is that the display is tied to an older version of activeX and making the change in the screen and saving it creates a new link to the newer activeX.