Linx version for VPN

Ok I also thought that, but I cant connect. If it was just an eds thing I should be able to connect... Right?

I verified. I downloaded the eds file. Can ping the plc, but still can't connect. Still unrecognized.

My linx version at home is 2.43

Last edited:
Nope you will not be able to connect until the question mark is gone. It should be the device between the vpn and plc. Like the router or bridge that needs the eds fiel. Can you upload a screenshot of the image so we can see exactly what you are looking at.

It looks like Linx sees the device but does not recognize it. It needs the correct EDS file installed.

The reason the EDS files are important with RSLinx Classic is that RSLinx needs to know that the 1756-ENBT device is a bridge before it will attempt to "drill down" to the backplane and then to the processor. The module part number "1756-ENBT/A" showed up in your browse because it's part of the reply to the identity request that RSLinx sends out to devices during a browse. The icon didn't show up because it is called out by the EDS. I ran into this a lot with RSLinx 2.43 right after the new 4.x firmware came out for the 1756-ENBT/A module. I'm pretty confident you need to download the EDS file (to a convenient directory or the desktop, not the RSCommon/EDS directory) and run the RSLinx Hardware Registration Tool to register it. Usually with VPNs the problem is blocking of the Port Open requests in the classic Ethernet Devices driver. Check, if you can, the revision notes of RSLinx before you install a new copy. I realized after the fact that version 2.54, the current one, does not work with RSNetworx v7 or v8 (only v9) though it will definitely work with any version of RSLogix 5000. In your case, the EDS should be enough.