Load cells and EM231

mohamed_plc

Hello
I would like to connect an load cells 4 or 6 wire to an analogue input EM231.
I don’t want to use SIWAREX MS module .

-------- ------ ---
| | | | | |
| CPU226 |-| EM231|-- ? |- load cells
| | | | | |
-------- ------ ---
I don’t know if I need a transducer
please help me

If you do not use a MS module you will have to use a converter to take you load cell signal and convert it into an analog signal. Note: Some resolution will be lost. Amount depends on your analog card and your converter.

A method that retains accuracy and resolution is to use an amplifier with an RS485 output like this one. Then use one of the Ports on the PLC in Freeport mode.

Bryan

Similar Topics

I have a beam with a load cell on each side (under each end) If the maximum weight being pulled down on the beam is 1000lbs Do you buy two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, i will start off by saying i know nothing about load cells, i want a converter/amplifier to output a 4/20mA signal from a load cell...
Replies
Views
Dear all Iam using three load cells connected in parallel to calibrate the weight of a product but in don't have a weighting module in my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Has anybody tried to read load cells using the Re Lion Graphite and any of the strain gage modules (GMSG1)? I was wondering if I can give...
Replies
Views
Hello Can I connect s7-200 (cpu 226) with load cells (SB 210) and indicator (SI510) using profibus EM ? What is the best and simplest way to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom