Siemens PLCSIM networking simulation

hothead

When i start the Siemens PLCSIM with some program uploaded, is it accesible from the network?For example if the hardware configuration have Profinet module included, and configured for nwtworking.I ask because in the Unity Pro (Schneider), the PLC simulator is fully functional as controler and you can even find it on the network, with the IP, you have specified.Wich means you can have PC to work as PLC in the network (lame solution), and even connect it with SCADA.The only thing is it will be hard to put any real input values.They all can be only simulated from the software.

Hi Ivaylo.

Unfortunately PLCSIM does not support access via the network.
It can only be accessed locally on the same PC from which it is running. The online connection simulates an MPI, DP or Ethernet connection, but only locally.

Alternatively you can use WinAC RTX, but for this you need a relatively expensive license.